124Regular Monthly Meeting: Geneetic concepts behind DNA testing, 11/3/2010, 7:00 pm

    Oct 27, 2010

      Title: Regular Monthly Meeting: Geneetic concepts behind DNA testing

      Date: Wednesday November 3, 2010
      Time: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 6 days.
      Location: Kilmer Middle School, Vienna, VA
      Notes: Last Spring, Jim Bartlet presented an introduction to DNA testing for genealogy and carefully avoided the science. This month, I plan on introducing the science (i.e., genetics). I will review what is DNA, where DNA is located, SNPs vs STRs, and tools for showing and interpreting results.
      Jim Logan, SIG leader, Surname Projects and Genetic Genealogy. FxGS.