Sturmey Archer cross reference by Peter Reed

  • Michael Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2014
      You may have to come to my house and borrow mine and copy it.  It is copyright by Peter Reed, and I do not know how to contact him.  I may have his email somewhere.  Sheldon knew about Peter Reed and his book, but the only mention I have seen was in an ebay ad for an ASC.  When I bought the book Peter and Sheldon had not talked or emailed; Peter was planning on contacting Sheldon but that was not long before Sheldon died.

      As a side note, it would not surprise me if Hilary Stone on this list had similar resources and compilations; he has not chimed in yet though.

      Other names are mentioned as experts in the ebay listing for the Sturmey Archer X type hub:
    • Zack B
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2014
        There is also a listing for the original version on WorldCat, but only two copies are showing, which means getting one sent all the way to the US is unlikely.

        http://www.worldcat.org/title/sturmey-archer-the-first-ninety-years/oclc/862597254&referer=brief_results

        --
        -Zack
      • Michael Wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2014
          That is the other book, not the cross reference.  He updated the big book in 2007; not sure if anyone besides my family has copies.

          Michael Wilson

        • antonaulbers
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2014
            You can obtain a (pdf) copy of the book here: http://colwoodwheelworks.co.uk/a-trip-to-milton-keynes-and-a-book-deal/

            Anton
          • Michael Wilson
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 18, 2014
              Just a reminder that the book is not the parts cross-reference.

              And my .pdf of the book does not appear to have the cross-reference; I do not really know because the acrobat on my PC does not show the pictures of the book.