Re: A Very Wierd Bike Idea

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2008
      Mike;

      How about referring to all non freewheel bikes as "Spinners". Could
      apply to the whole class.

      Seems to fit as the big difference is that the rider has to keep the
      legs spinning as long as the bike is moving.

      Differentiate by terms such as single speed spinners, x speed
      spinners and CVT spinners. Spinner is IMO less of a mouth full
      than "derailleur". ;-)

      Rich Wood

      --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, Mike Bullis
      <workinonitstill@...> wrote:

      > Over at www.fixedgeargallery.com, I put forth to the group that I
      really shouldn't call a 'multispeed fixed gear hub' a 'fixed' gear,
      because it ain't in the true sense of the word. One person came up
      with one that I really liked and that was 'grixed' for 'multiGeaR
      fIXED'. Thought it was kinda catchy.

      > Best I can come up with for the Nu Vinci quickly is CVTixed. 8-)
      >
      > Mike

      Sturmey