Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] 8 speed hub choices

  • Andrew Curl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2013
      I used an SA 5spd, and frequently shifted it along the dropout, in the end I made an egg shaped washer that would go over the axle, with a second hole that took an M5 bolt securing through a mudguard lug behind the axle. That was my problem solved at a stroke, especially as the cables were routed along the chainstays.

      Cheaper than a new bike or hub, anyway.

      I have had frames with vertical campag lugs, and whilst the principle is great, their alignment in the frame is absolutely critical!

      -Andrew UK