Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: Shifters for Internally Geared Hubs

  • Jeff Meredith
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 29, 2013
      We will be working on a shifter for NuVinci hubs . The question is whether to come up with a spring loaded take up for the other cable or make a spool that winds & unwinds the 2 cables they have now. As soon as I finish the SRAM and commuter versions of the IGH shifters, I'm definitely going to look at the Nuvinci. I don't think their cutesy plastic shifter fits very well with a brooks saddle. And, like most stock shifters, I think the hub will outlast it.

      On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 6:31 AM, jensm68 <jens.magne.andreassen@...> wrote:

      Do you have anything for the NuVinci 360 in the pipeline ?

      Looking forward to following your developments.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013
        > They remind me of the "stick shift" on my childhood,
        > banana seated, bike from about 1970.

        Still manufactured and available from Sturmey for the AW family of three speed hubs.

        <http://classic-cycle.de/out/pictures/1/596_cls3m_p1.jpg>