Re: Nothing really new in bicycle design.

  • bikealfa
    Message 1 of 73 , Jun 10, 2013
      I like the aero bars, which I think are new. Saves me maybe 5 minutes each way on a 15 mile commute. Also they help keep my hands from going numb.

      And I like the custom Recon aluminum 11-cog cassette (11-27 with no 12, for shimano style freehub bodies) I have on the back of my 2005 Trek Madone SSL, which is my current daily commuter.

      Message 73 of 73 , Jun 11, 2013
        Velocio's experiments don't really lead into Alex Moulton's work. I've long suspected that Dr. Moulton was inspired by the designs of Corradino D'Ascanio, who in turn based his advancements on earlier work done by Cushman.