Re: grease for internals of Sachs/SRAM 3x7 hub?

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2009
      Mark;

      I note that no one else has answered.

      As you probably have noted SRAM's service info for the 3x9 lists a part number for their grease. Contacting them should provide info on availability. It also covers which parts to grease and which to oil.

      I would think though that an SA listed 00 consistency grease or Shimano's grease would work as all grease lubricated geared hubs should have similar lubricant requirements.

      If using other than the SRAM grease then it might be worthwhile to degrease all parts before applying the new grease just to make sure that there are no compatibility issues.

      Rich Wood