Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] New IGH offerings in pipeline

  • Cycle Monkey
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2013
      Rohloff is officially rated for tandems and up to 800W e-bikes as long as the input torque limit is maintained.  Optibike is selling 1200W Rohloff e-bikes, maybe even 1500W by now and reports no problems!

      Neil

      On 2013-05-02, at 2:58 PM, Alex Wetmore <alex@...> wrote:

      > From: David Chase [dr2chase@...]
      > > Maybe they heard me whining about the weight weenies.
      > > Perhaps this one won't break.
      >
      > How many Rohloffs have you broken?

      None yet.
      But SRAM might be aiming for somewhat cheaper manufacturing tolerances.
      Or they might be imagining a market with e-bikes in it; technically, me plus a chain-drive e-assist is well over the line for a even a Rohloff.
      Or both.

      David

      --
      Neil Flock
      Owner

      Cycle Monkey
      * Rohloff Service Partner
      * Custom Wheelbuilding
      * Distributor of Rohloff SPEEDHUBS, Schlumpf Gearing Systems
        Gates Carbon Drive Belt Systems, Wipperman Connex Chains
        Sapim Spokes and Nipples, No Tubes Tubeless Rims
        Magura Brakes, Race Face Cranks

      www.cyclemonkey.com
      cyclemonkeylab.blogspot.com
      Albany, CA 94706