Alfine offerings

  • Colin Bryant
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2013
      I was aware that electronic shifting was reaching the marketplace for the Shimano Alfine 8 & 11, but actually seeing components for drop/road bars was a surprise (http://productinfo.shimano.com/lineupchart.html#series=alfine&speed=di2_drophandle)
      In winter weather, I find my Alfine 11 (but not my Alfine 8) sensitive to getting road debree stuck in the cassette joint cable groove, so eliminating it is appealing, but I wonder how it would tolerate the near submersion conditions of rainforest (Vancouver, Canada) riding.

      --

      Colin