A Handy Accessory

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2009
      I just picked up a pair of the REI shopping basket panniers. They seem to be good quality and have a nicely designed quick attachment and removal system for most bike racks. They do need a rack with side supports so not for use with most seatpost mounted racks. They hold as much groceries as I would want to carry on a bike.

      They are metal internal framed cordura bags which fold up unobtrusively against the rack supports when not in use. One is shown in the REI catalog that has the 20% off coupon in it that came in at the start of the month with the rebate notices.

      If you ever use a bike for grocery shopping or other minor hauling in place of your car then these look to be extremely handy items.