Re: Sturmey FM indicator adjustment

  • bikealfa
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2013
      That is the only way I ever got my SA 4 speeds to shift properly. I used a similar technique for the left side of the dual cable 5 speeds. Even the 3 speeds got adjusted tighter than factory spec which gave less probability of N meaning Neutral instead of Normal.

      And when I used the FM (which are also 5 years older than I am) I rode them hard, hard enough to break left ball cups with regularity. I would now use a steel shell to prevent that.

      However make sure that the indicators are assembled properly. And according to some rebuilders like Peter Reed, matching the 3 springs in the hub can work wonders. I never played with that when the FM was in active service.

      Michael Wilson