Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Interesting application of S-A IGH & drum brakes: suspension ~wheels~

  • Rick Paulos
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22, 2013
      "everything old is new again"

      So, no rim brakes if the wheel can move
      significantly. Extreme movement could jam the
      tire into the frame, fork or fenders causing the
      wheel to temporarily lock up. That's always an adventure!

      Not sure if I gave or not. I showed the
      kickstarter page to my wife, she set the tablet
      down and one of our cats walked over the donate button.

      RIck

      At 07:33 AM 4/22/2013, you wrote:

      >Tangential suspension built into the wheel structure: Loop Wheels.
      >
      ><<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1205277475/loopwheels-for-a-smoother-more-comfortable-bicycle>http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1205277475/loopwheels-for-a-smoother-more-comfortable-bicycle>
      >
      >pj

    • rons_hobbies
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2013
        "but each loopwheel weighs only about 300g (10.58oz) more than its spoked equivalent."

        Cost is going to be serious, at least to me:

        "We are offering our first production loopwheels to Kickstarter supporters. We've priced them lower than our expected retail price (which we anticipate will be at least £500/$762 to £600/$915 for a set of 2 wheels)."

        Ron