Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Epicyclicus Maximus

  • misterbleepy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22 1:06 AM
      The upper canal goes through a tunnel shortly after you leave the wheel, so that would also cause problems with your mast.

      The most awesome thing about the trip I remember was returning to the wheel from the upper canal - the cruise boat drives into the upper gondola which appears to be floating in the sky (from the point of view of the passengers).

      The other thing I find amazing - the motor that makes it all work only has 1/2 the power that the motor in my small electric car has.

      Keith B.

      On 22 Apr 2013, at 03:16, Alex Wetmore wrote:

      Thanks Mark, that was really cool.

      As a sailor I was moderately disappointed that the design won't allow for sailboats, but I guess they aren't so practical on canals that size anyway.

      alex