Re: Patterson-Metropolis CVT with 20" wheel

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2013
      I really like my Sturmey XRK8(W), that is, since the second time it came back from Sturmey warranty repair - LOL! (Well, it was one of the first Ws manufactured.) But for the last two years it's been stone reliable and I like the gear steps, the over all gear range and the operation of this hub.

      Another possibility would be your Patterson combined with a new Shimano SG-5R35, giving (with 16T cog) eight useable gear ratios between 24 and 82 g.i.

      Me? I'd probably ditch the front dual chainwheels and derailleur, not fit the Patterson, keep your present cassette and rear derailleur and go with a SRAM DualDrive or Sturmey CSRF3 hub.