Nexus 8 speed breakin question

  • freetobike2012
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2013
      Friend got back from the initial outing (to and from work) with his nexus 8 and e-mailed me.
      "The damn thing doesn't coast.
      If I'm not pedaling I'm not going."
      I know there's a ton of archived discussion on the nexus 7/8 but I'm wondering if there are some issue he should be looking at (or for).
      How well does this hub 'freewheel' once it is supposedly broken in (500 miles).
      Thanks
      Rich mc
    • Alex Wetmore
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2013
        They freewheel well for me when brand new (at least from my sample size of 6), and even better when broken in. I think something is wrong.

        alex

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2013
          Might be as simple as bearings too tight.

          Michael Wilson