Hub Site That May be Old to Some?

  • rons_hobbies
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2013
      A friend sent this to me, he's considering upgrading his Dutch Batavus from a 3 and was looking over their information. I did a quick message search, if I missed previous postings please excuse.

      http://hubstripping.wordpress.com/internal-gear-hub-review/

      The newest post on the blog was a year ago.

      Ron
    • Irvine Short
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2013
        On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 5:07 PM, rons_hobbies <peter.pilot@...> wrote:
        A friend sent this to me, he's considering upgrading his Dutch Batavus from a 3

        I have a Magneet, made by Batavus. I upgraded it from a Sachs 3 speed to a Sachs 5 speed.

        It was a bit of a PITA but it came together eventually and has made my bike more usable on the hills.

        I swapped out the 3 speed with 18 tooth cog for a 5 speed with 22 tooth and got an extra couple of lower gears, keeping the top end much the same.

        3rd for gentle rises or headwinds, 4th a lot of the time and 5th for the downhills.