Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: Good solvent

  • jim
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 18, 2013
      <<Or . . . they pull stuff out of their medicine chest, kitchen cabinets,
      and car's gasoline tank

      Cannot speak to others who have employed the gasoline, but I used old stuff that was going to recycling center, anyway, which is about as "green" as can be.  We get people offering it for free from time to time on Craigslist, leftovers from generators, etc.   It worked great, not my first choice since it does leave residue as it evaps off and I hate the smell.  Also,gas is about
      1/13 the pre-shipping cost per gallon of the citrus stuff, which remains a big factor for some of us.

      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 19, 2013
        In Florida it is unlawful to dispense gas into glass containers, and I bet other states prohibit it. I could imagine some sort of electrical activity released as a glass container separated into pieces, even without a metal involved. And then the liquid gas and the vapors released from within would be suspended or splashing about, gaining lots of surface interface with the air and no doubt go fireball bonkers.

        Yeeeks!!!  I guess I'm lucky the ca-ca didn't hit the fan and I'm not hideously burned or worse.  Older, stale gas like I what used to clean bike parts that time has lost some volatility, but still....