Patterson Bike Transmission

  • yappendog
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2013
      Hello All, Anybody have any knowledge about these?
      http://pattersonbike.com/
    • Anwar Rahim
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 17, 2013
        I recognise it from an article I once read on bikerumour, which I was able to find again :-)

        http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/04/26/fsa-unveils-metropolis-patterson-drive-internal-geared-crankset-for-commuters/

        Looks like a schlumpf to me, gust controlled with a lever.

        --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "yappendog" <yappendog@...> wrote:

        > Hello All, Anybody have any knowledge about these?
        > http://pattersonbike.com/

      • Anwar Rahim
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2013
          It's a lot cheaper mind!

          http://pattersonbike.com/products/
        • David Chase
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 17, 2013
            Smaller, range, however. One attraction of the Schlumpf is the 2.5:1 range.
            For a mere 1.6:1 range, you might as well buy a 3-speed hub.
            And combined with a 3-speed hub, you might as well buy a single 5-speed hub.

            David