Re: Osymetric Chainring in IGH

  • Zach Kaplan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2013
      On 3 Mar 2013, at 02:49, Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Been a long time since I posted and I hope I'm not asking a question that has been answered previously. I am wondering about the value and practicality of using an asymmetric chainring such as the Osymetric in an IGH. Seems it would be valuable in "smoothing" out the weaker portions of power input during pedaling.
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > Bennett

      I've been using Rotor Q-Rings with Rohloff Speedhubs and SRAM Dual Drive hubs since 2006. My knees like the smoother pedaling feel elliptical rings such as Q-Rings provide but I can still hear the pulsating noise corresponding with the power stroke the Rohloff hub makes in certain gears. So the Q-Rings smooth out but don't eliminate the dead spots between power strokes.

      Zach Kaplan Cycles
      510-522-BENT (2368)
      zach@...
      http://zachkaplancycles.com