changing the oil on the Alfine 11

  • freetobike2012
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2013
      While waiting on the rapidfire and a minoura space grip adaptor for the build, I got to reading up on maintenance of this hub..specifically the oil changes.
      Wondering what DIY others came up with as apparently shimanos maintenance kit is a bit outrageou$ (I've yet to even find someone who carries it)

      (btw, decided to go with the(rapidfire) setup a guy shared on eco-velo, after another aborted attempt to secure the Versa Brifters This appears to work every bit as well and allows me the use of my rx-100 levers)

      Rich mc
    • bikealfa
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 24, 2013
        Rich -
        Can you share the link to the pictures etc? I am assuming that you are using dropped bars on this build, based on the original plan to use the Versa shifter.

        Thanks,
        Michael Wilson