Re: SRAM 5 speed hubs

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2009
      Ben;

      Welcome to the group.

      Technical data on all of the SRAM gear hubs, including the P5 Cargo, is available in the SRAM gear hubs tech manual. Here is a link to the page where you can download the 2009 version.

      http://www.sram.com/en/service/sram/tech_manuals_2009.php

      Basically the P5 Cargo has a 225% overall range where the standard version is 250%. Steps between gears are a bit smaller too.

      The Cargo version, per the manual, has a yellow grub screw in the non shifter side axle end. The standard version I have uses a red grub screw. I am not sure that the P5 Cargo is still made as it is not listed on the SRAM web site currently.

      Rich Wood