RE: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: File - Please Be Active

  • Paulos, Richard G
    Message 1 of 65 , Feb 3 12:37 PM
      I say there is no reason for most of us to join in threads on specific hubs that we don't own or even know anything about. Most of us are interested in hubs we own, having trouble with or are looking to buy. Many of the questions in the past have referred to hubs by model number only so we don't often know if it's a SRAM, Shimano, SA or other. Or how many gears it has. I work on bikes all the time, can reassemble a Sturmey Archer AW in my sleep but I don't even know what model Shimano I have on my Masi Soulville. Given the thousands of different IGHs on the market in the past 100 years, who can remember every one or keep the newer naming conventions sorted out.

      This listserv is a valuable resource and has enough experts to help the rest of us.

      Rick

      Message 65 of 65 , Aug 1, 2014
        This group can only be a success through members being active contributors to
        the group. If and when you disagree with me feel free to say so, politely of
        course!

        All members are encouraged to take part in discussions, post photos and both use
        and contribute to the Links and Files areas. Two Databases are also available
        for member use.

        When posting please trim off the oldest posts in a thread to keep it from
        growing too long. This is a help to members who choose to receive posts as a
        daily summary.

        Thanks to all members for joining and taking an active part in the group.

        I note that a few members have joined and then quit w/o posting. If the group
        is not meeting your needs or expectations then please post with your questions
        and/or group expectations.

        Rich Wood
        Group Owner
        03/25/09