SRAM G8 surfaces @ show

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013
      While SRAM still continues to pretty much ignore the aftermarket, they seem to have made a big OEM push with their Taiwanese-built gear hubs.

      SRMA announced the G8 about a year ago, and showed it at EuroBike last August. They announced it would be available retail by 08/12, then that production would start 09/12, then 10/12 and finally in an interview they said by 11/12. Oh my.

      Really quite a large number of 2013 model year bikes have been announced by various European marques spec'ing the G8. Hopefully the SRAM gear hub factory is running 24/7 to fill those orders!

      The first of these bikes are on display @ the spring shows. Here's a 2013 Creme Doppio with G8 Disc:

      <http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2013/01/30/1359562198275-lm2lwswjpg1a-670-75.jpg>

      <http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2013/01/30/1359562198282-1u7g96wi7tfyi-670-75.jpg>

      I still haven't seen any announcement by SRAM as to the overall gear range or the individual ratios of the eight gears for this hub. Maybe it doesn't make any difference, since for their last new hub (the Automatix) they got the overall gear range wrong in the factory spec sheet. pj