Off topic: Hill Cycles in Philadelphia!

  • k3eax
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2012
      Why the b*******s. In the early '60's Hill Cycles was one of the few shops in Philadelphia where a road bike could be purchased. And so with the pay-check from my first "real job" I made the purchase of a Raleigh Carlton (531 plain gauge) form Hill. Jerry Cassell Jr., the proprietor's son sold me the wrong size bike! Perhaps now almost 50 years, this accounts in part for my jaundiced few of bike shops.

      Jerry Jr. has now departed this mortal coil, but before he went on to no doubt the Netherworld, he ran the his father's cycle business into the ground and then became involved in staging professional bike races here in Philadelphia. He went from sleaze to sleaze, that is to say from foisting the wrong bikes on customers to becoming a part of the dope using world of the professional cyclist.

      Al in Philadelphia