Interesting Eccentric Bottom Bracket

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2009
      I just ran across this link on Bike Forums. A eccentric bottom bracket for normal bottom bracket shells. Intended for use with Shimano Hollowtech II cranks per the posting. Not clear to me if correct from visiting the web site though.

      http://www.trickstuff.de/shop/product_info.php?products_id=414

      Not cheap at 149 Euros but it might give a cleaner appearing install for a gear hub with vertical dropouts than the alternatives.

      Also here is a link to a Canadian frame, the Steelwool Tweed, that looks to be a good gear hub candidate. EBB that appears to take standard BB cartridges and vertical dropouts from what I can see. Also lugged steel and set up for either cantilever or disc brakes.

      http://www.steelwoolbicycles.ca/bikes/tweed.html

      $680 Canadian or about $528 U.S. at the current exchange rate.

      Rich Wood
    • sinutt02
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2009
        I was looking at that when I built my Cannondale IGH commuter. I couldn't justify the cash outlay though. The tensioner I had laying around in the basement will have to do until I upgrade the frame.
      • Bobbie Martin
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
          I have found a Bridgestone Moulton, so my plans have changed and I will
          be selling a Rohloff hub.
          It is in very good condition, silver, internal shifter, QR axle with
          torque arm. I have both disc brake and standard ends, so I can supply
          with either.
          If anyone is interested, please contact me off list.

          Thanks, Bobbie Martin
          mini1275@...