Re: Alfine 11 and horizontal dropout slots

  • bnexus8
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 20, 2012
      Hi

      It is a small misalignment until you get to gear 1 and the angle of the cable becomes greater and less of it is in the groove of the pulley.

      Anyways, thank you all. I went for the option of least butchery and used blue and green washers so the arm of the cassette joint is close to the angle of the chain stay. I only had to modify the thumb grip bit with a junior hacksaw and a file. The cable comes off the top tube in a nice curve and has the added bonus that the cassette joint is now above the chain stay which gives it more protection from being bashed by rocks.
      It looks quite good even though I can't see it from on the bike :0)

      Works well in the repair stand and hopefully on the road tomorrow if it isn't pouring and I've shaken off the man flu.