Re: Flats repair

  • dannyrobinson1962
    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 7, 2012
      I posted this on BikeRadar a while ago, for an 8 speed Nexus.
      http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=12790634

      It's really not a difficult job, but you do need to know what you are doing and it is quite time consuming.

      --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "xpinar" <xpinar@...> wrote:

      > To make it really easy, some manufacturer should make a bicycle with only one (right) chainstay. Think Cannondale Lefty, but "righty" and for the rear wheel. There are motorcycles built this way.

    • rons_hobbies
      Message 36 of 36 , Nov 17, 2012
        Simon, when I'm perfect, I'm sure you will let me know. My ex would love to enlighten you on my many short comings.

        I loved working on helos, and got to spend some time working at the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation in Atlanta, GA back in '04 - '05. I wanted to cry the time I got to just run up a UH-1 after 11 years. I hope you brother gets the same chance and thrill. LOL, not "memorized" but I'll never forget the first item on the pre-flight check list: Overhead switches and circuit breakers set.

        It just hit me, now I teach bike pre-ride along with maintenance, Air/wheels, Brakes, Cables/chain, Derailleurs.

        Too funny.

        Gotta go deal with leaves . . .

        Ron

        --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "hubmanholland" <hubstripping@...> wrote:

        > Hi Ron,
        >
        > You are absolutely right, what I wrote about "less bright kids" was inappropriate and I should have known better. In actual fact, my son has a mild mental handicap and goes to a special school here in Holland where he learns lots of practical subjects, including bike maintenance. Whilst he is undoubtedly 'intellectually challenged' he has intelligence in many other areas, especially with his physique (he can run 400m like a bat out of hell!).
        >
        > Furthermore, my older brother went to a kind of technical school because he didn't do well in exams. He has mastered several trades since, including cabinet making, electronics and CAD and in adulthood has gone on to get a bachelors and masters degree! Incidentally, in his spare time he is restoring an old Westland Widgeon helicopter in a museum in Northern England :)
        >
        > Good that you picked me up on my throw away comment.
        >
        > Simon

        <Snip>