My new chain guard

  • Al
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 274 KB

     Having tired of  my sartorial splendor diminished by grease stained trousers, I decided to look about for a suitable chain guard. I settled on the SKS Chainboard and purchased one online and postpaid from Upgrade for $25. The installation was straight forward but did require the removal and re- installation of the bottom bracket's fixed cup. Bothersome as this was, the guard is now firmly mounted, rattle free, and cannot be jarred into misalignment.. The attachment is a photo of the guard installed on my "everyday", out of doors kept, and faithful roadster.

       Al in Philadelphia

  • Trina Brady
    Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2012
      Hi Al

      thanks for the quick review.  I have had one of these kicking around for a few years, as the bike I wanted for got sold off.  I have ben wondering how sturdy it is.  The only down fall I see you do need some sort of flange on the fixed cup.

        you do not simply own a Bianchi
      you have a relationship with your
                      Bianchi
               Trina "Celeste" B

      Message 3 of 5 , Oct 28, 2012
        Trina, no additional pieces are needed. The flange is what you see as part of the package. That flange is then sandwiched between the fixed cup and the bottom bracket. This is what necessitates the removal and re-installation of the cup. I suppose you might even welcome the need to r&r the fixed cup as it  provides you with the opportunity to inspect and repack the bearings.

        Message 4 of 5 , Oct 28, 2012
          OH I understand how it mounts but what I was refering to was if you have a BB like a Phil or newer Campi there is no flange on the right cup to hold the bracket in place.

                    Trina Brady
                Camp Hill, PA USA

          Message 5 of 5 , Oct 28, 2012
            Ah so! As you can see, I'm in the dark when it comes to these new-fangled high end fittments.

                 Al

              .