Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: A Good Buy I Think

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2009
      At 3/1/2009 08:35 AM +0000, Rich Wood wrote:
      >Mark;
      >
      >Have to check on the rim. Probably the Rhyno Lite as it is silver
      >and the Sun web site shows the XL as black finish only. Bought by
      >the shop as a complete wheel I am sure as the shop seems to favor
      >Mavic, DT and Velocity rims for their wheel builds. Per the Sun web
      >site the Rhino Lite and Rhyno Lite XL are the same weight, 550
      >grams. One is pinned joint and the other welded.

      The original Rynos were a totally different rim, nearly 900 grams
      IRRC. They were dropped many years ago when the Mammoth and BFR came out.

      >Considering the weight of the hub the rim weight is still a minor
      >part of the total wheel weight.
      >
      >Only one wheel available at the price unfortunately, complete with
      >shifter. Talking with the shop owner it sounds like someone
      >expressed interest last year so he got the wheel in and then the
      >customer did not follow through. He checked the original invoice
      >before quoting me the price so I doubt he is losing money on it.

      Early on there were a few Bro' deals on them, but at today's
      wholesale prices he'd be losing money.

      Mark Stonich;
      BikeSmith Design & Fabrication
      5349 Elliot Ave S. Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417 USA
      Ph. (612) 824-2372 http://bikesmithdesign.com
      http://mnhpva.org