Pierre's retro-direct bicycle

  • Rick Paulos
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 2:59 PM
      I saw a bicycle similar to this on Ragbrai last week.

      2 speed french bike. Pedal forwards, go forward as usual. Pedal
      backwards and you get low gear going forward. Odd to watch.

      http://www.m-gineering.nl/retrog.htm

      Rick
    • ltdunltd
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31 4:00 PM
        --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, Rick Paulos <rick-paulos@...> wrote:

        > I saw a bicycle similar to this on Ragbrai last week.
        >
        > 2 speed french bike. Pedal forwards, go forward as usual. Pedal
        > backwards and you get low gear going forward. Odd to watch.
        >
        > http://www.m-gineering.nl/retrog.htm
        >

        > Rick

        That pedaling backwards must feel strange for the first few times.
        If you can ever get use to it.

        Larry
      • frameteam2003
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
          --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, Rick Paulos <rick-paulos@...> wrote:

          > I saw a bicycle similar to this on Ragbrai last week.
          >
          > 2 speed french bike. Pedal forwards, go forward as usual. Pedal
          > backwards and you get low gear going forward. Odd to watch.
          >
          > http://www.m-gineering.nl/retrog.htm
          >

          > Rick

          Not too hard to build or ride
          [IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/frameteam2003/DSCN0049.jpg%5b/IMG]
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
            Several years ago three of the members of the local HPV club built Retro-Direct bikes.  One was even a recumbent and that one is still the guys main ride. http://mnhpva.org/Meetings/2006/feb_06/pages/03.html and the next 3 pages.

            One oddity of retrospect is that they can't be wheeled backwards.

            Mark Stonich Bikesmith Design
            612-824-2372
            5349 Elliot Ave S. Minneapolis MN 55417

            On Aug 1, 2012, at 7:15 AM, "frameteam2003" <frameteam2003@...> wrote:

            --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, Rick Paulos <rick-paulos@...> wrote:

            > I saw a bicycle similar to this on Ragbrai last week.
            >
            > 2 speed french bike. Pedal forwards, go forward as usual. Pedal
            > backwards and you get low gear going forward. Odd to watch.
            >
            > http://www.m-gineering.nl/retrog.htm
            >

            > Rick

            Not too hard to build or ride
            [IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/frameteam2003/DSCN0049.jpg[/IMG]