Re: come out of that silly bunker

  • Rich W
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12, 2012
      OK folks. Lets move on and try to keep discussions to IGH uses and genuine personally experienced or known issues. Over the years almost all of the mass production IGH manufacturers have had units which had problems as nothing is perfect, including design engineers. SA has had several problem hubs. Most IGH units, particularly 2 and 3 speed units, have been designed to a price point aimed at utility cycles and cyclists.

      As I noted earlier some riders truly need wide range hubs. Download "Living with a Rohloff" from the below linked to page and read about riding over the Andes at 20,000+ feet and other world tours.

      http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/downloads.html

      I am glad Aarons and other such IGH savvy shops exist and just wish there were such in every urban area. I do ask that opinions expresed about any bicycle shop be based on personal experience. Aaron, the owner of that shop, has been a helpful, valued and knowledgeable contributor to this group.

      Rich Wood