Re: Sachs Torpedo 3-Speed Cable Replacement Detailed

  • RobHalligan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 12, 2012

      Interesting, thanks.

      Sounds like you think I could somewhat safely bet that I could strip it without replacing interior bits. I'm hoping to improve the braking; the coaster brake will slow me, but it couldn't lock up the wheel with all my force. I was thinking  changing out some of those springs, pins, rings, or parts that have brake in the parts list description (brake cylinder and brake cone assembly) might improve the braking  - but I really don't have the SLIGHTEST idea if that would or which would be worth changing out at this time. The middle link Danny posted to hollandbikeshops has most or all of those parts.

      Dutch Bike Bits has a good price on the light I'm thinking about: B & M Classic. Thanks again.

      Rob