Re: Sturmey Archer K series

  • bikealfa
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 8:46 AM
      --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "pj" <prester_john_in_cathay@...> wrote:

      > > Did the S.A. K-series ever come with the 3 spline
      > > circlip style driver?
      >
      > Don't think so. I believe the only driver these ever had factory fitted was the K7. The AW &etc didn't go from threaded to 3-spline until 1951, 13 years after the K was discontinued.
      >
      > > I am pretty sure you could put the KS/KSW 12 spline
      > > driver into a standard K...
      >
      > Gotta source for NOS S-A 12-spline cogs? : )
      >
      > pj

      I have about 8. ebay and the traditional english old parts vendors sometimes show NOS 12 spline cogs. At the moment I am only using those on my T 2 speed fixed bike. All my A series hubs in service have 3 spline drivers, and I do not have any other K hubs in service.

      Michael Wilson
    • Hilary Stone
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 11:23 AM
        I have a good range of 12 spline Sturmey sprockets in stock. The 12
        spline driver from the KS or KSW hubs will fit a standard K type hub.
        The only other solution is to replace the entire K innards with AW
        innards including a LH ball cup. I can supply the parts to do this...

        regards

        Hilary

        www.hilarystone.com
        Period bikes and components