Re: Electronic shifting for Alfine 8 & 11

  • bnexus8
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 4, 2012
      --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "aarons_bicycle_repair" <aaron@...> wrote:

      "We figured the 11 speed was designed for a road bike. Why else would it have 3 higher gears than the 8 speed."

      Can I query this? Does it have three gears higher than the eight or is it, as I think, one between the eight's fifth and sixth, one lower, and one higher?
      Cheers
    • Colin Bryant
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 17, 2012
        I ride a short wheelbase recumbent, which comparable to a typical "hybrid" commuter.  Me, the bike and my cargo rarely exceed 200lbs.  I don't waste much energy racing from traffic light to stop sign, but when I have a bit of open space, I definately, "crank it up".  I figure I'll just move to an 8" rotor (spinlock), when I replace this one.  The little tiny 140mm seems to do fine, on the rear.  It's bracket barely clears the Alfine 11.

        --

        Colin Bryant
        Vancouver, Canada