Re: Old Sturmey Archer info

  • bikealfa
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2012
      And I found the answer to the GH12 GH8 question:

      In "Sturmey Archer: The End and New Beginnings" Peter Reed of Phoenix Hub Gears states that the GH8 is the same diameter shell as the GH6.

      So now not only do I have 2 ASCs, 2 AMs, 2 T fixed and 2 KSWs, I have 2 GH12s. But no GH8.

      My error was misremembering the NOS GH12 set a private dealer wanted to sell me in the late 70s. My memory was that the hub was huge; the GH12s I have are clearly larger than the GH6 but not "huge".

      Michael Wilson