Re: SRAM S7

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 16 4:56 AM
      SRAM has announced that the remaining models of the P5 and S7 (the freewheel and coaster brake versions) will be discontinued at some point in the future and replaced by a new 7- or 8-speed design. AFAIK, but I could be wrong, they are still current manufacture in Schweinfurt, Germany, although distribution to N.A. seems to be gone with the wind. The P5 and S7 no longer appear on the SRAM web site, but the T3 hub, which SRAM themselves has stated is out of production, still is. No, I don't understand this either.

      > The i-brake appears to be a larger drum brake
      > bolted on externally that looks like it could
      > double as a disc for a disc caliper brake.

      The i-brake was attached to the hub by four threaded fasteners, in the same fashion as a disc.

      The i-brake was discontinued several years back. It just so happens there were more i-brake compatible S7 models in the warehouse than i-brakes themselves, so when the i-brakes were all sold the remaining hubs went CHEAP. I bought one then.

      The brake mounting holes go all the way through the shell to the interior. If you have one of these hubs, you can block the through-holes with set screws & low strength Locktite or beeswax.