Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Re: Shimano NTW choice

  • Trina Brady
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 31, 2012
      Hi Michael

      I am not at home and honestly I can't recall the exact model but I am pretty sure it was Deore something.  everything about the FD was an issue needing a top pull one was the biggest but... the seattube is oversized slightly and starts to ovalize just above where a clamp on FD would mount.   so it made for an interesting hunt, but I finally found an 'endless band' style and then used a bolt on adjusting barrel from a brake to turn it into a toppull.  there was a brazeon at the BB shell for an anchor already.

      I was considering some odd fixes for the FD, having a brazon hanger put on, putting a hanger on a radiator clamp, also mounting a pully on a clamp to use a standard bottom pull.

        you do not simply own a Bianchi
      you have a relationship with your
                      Bianchi
               Trina "Celeste" B

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
        Unfortunately, you've just posted a link to the same passworded photo.  Being a user of some rather non-standard bikes, this kind of detail really interests me.

        If you want to give it another shot;
        Click "Visit your Group", in the very bottom left corner, of this message, which will take you to the yahoo groups page.
        On the left menu, click "Photos"
        At the top right of the album covers, click "Create Album"

        --   Colin

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
          HI

          OK Sorry, I thought we were all pretty much members of both.  I tried to copy and paste the pics but I guess that didn't either.

          --
          Colin Bryant
          Vancouver, Canada

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
            Thanks Trina!

            Wow, those are some extremely tight cable bends.  Certainly tidy, but I'm a little surprised it shifts smoothly.

            The 11 speed is more sensitive to cable issues, than others.  I thought mine was failing last week (below freezing temps, snow & road salt), when it started jumping between gears and 11th felt like 6th sometimes.  I slacked it off, pulled back the cable outer and wiped a little grease on each end.....problem solved.

            --   Colin