sturmey archer TF 2 speed fixed hub sought

  • dogxcd
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 21, 2012
      hi all
      I've been looking for one of these for a while + had a few false starts

      does anyone own one that they would be willing to sell please?

      regards

      doug
    • Hilary Stone
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2012
        I have a couple of Sturmey TFs that will be for sale - I have not
        checked either one out yet so don't know what they are like inside. They
        can be terribly worn. However if good they will not be cheap - I
        normally expect to gt about 300 GBP for one with good bearing surfaces
        and overhauled as necessary by me... Let me know if you are interested
        as they do not take too long to check out.

        regards

        Hilary

        www.hilarystone.com
        Period bikes and components

        On 21/01/2012 12:29, dogxcd wrote:
        > hi all
        > I've been looking for one of these for a while + had a few false starts
        >
        > does anyone own one that they would be willing to sell please?
        >
        > regards
        >
        > doug

      • dog
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2012
          thanks for that hilary
          if you have a good one ,thats functional ,i'd be interested
          cheers

          On 24 Jan 2012, at 11:00, Hilary Stone wrote:

          > I have a couple of Sturmey TFs that will be for sale - I have not
          > checked either one out yet so don't know what they are like inside. They
          > can be terribly worn. However if good they will not be cheap - I
          > normally expect to gt about 300 GBP for one with good bearing surfaces
          > and overhauled as necessary by me... Let me know if you are interested
          > as they do not take too long to check out.
          >
          > regards
          >
          > Hilary
          >
          > www.hilarystone.com
          > Period bikes and components
          >

          > On 21/01/2012 12:29, dogxcd wrote:
          >> hi all
          >> I've been looking for one of these for a while + had a few false starts
          >>
          >> does anyone own one that they would be willing to sell please?
          >>
          >> regards
          >>
          >> doug

        • bikealfa
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2012
            I have found that a lot of bearing sins can be ignored with new bearing balls and fresh grease, and left side bearing adjustment every 5k miles or so. The "spare" T I have does NOT have clean bearing surfaces. No I am not trying to sell it instead of Hilary's - I am happy to have 2.

            After 7 years of 3 season daily commuting, 10-15 miles per day, my ASC had the cone flats inaccessable on the left side due to hub race bearing wear. That did not cause the death of the ASC though - that was the primary sun pinion dogs (arms?) that engage the secondary clutch. And I even had a new spare sun, but I did not trust that it would not break also.

            Michael Wilson