British Hub Co Ltd , Super-Tandem Cyklbrake

  • Bruce Gilmore
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2011
      Just won a hub i have never seen before from german ebay, the seller couldnt identify it and described it as being pre-war similar to F&S hub

      I've found some details of the hub and an advert from 1936, and i must say they dont build 'em like they used to

      the drum itself is 4" x 13/16" , it dwarfs my 70mm sturmey drum, they also made a Super-Special , which had 4 3/4" x 7/8" shoes , a real monster

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/20137331@N07/2350032681/sizes/l/in/photostream/

      http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/components/bh-solite.html
    • Colin Bryant
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2011
        I love the "waste oil outlet".  Necessary when you've got felt seals.

        --
        Colin Bryant
        Vancouver, Canada

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2011
          Congrads on the find,
          B/H made these tandem hubs as did the french(maybe cyclo but not sure)
          I have a set on the 1936 ernie russ tandem I have.