Re: Sturmey-Archer Drum Brake Problems

  • Dan Burkhart
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 1, 2011
      So I gather you have not taken this up directly with Sturmey Archer. I sympathize with your plight, but I don't think you have exhausted all avenues of recourse until you contact David.
      I've had dealings with him in the past, and I suggest you at least try and see where it goes.
      Try e-mailing at info@... or phoning at 707) 259-6700
      (I've had best results by phoning.)
      I think you will find him quite responsive to your concerns.
    • David Dannenberg
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 5, 2011
        I do have to interject that the Hope downhill hydraulic 203mm disk brakes on my BD have performed flawlessly for the past 2+ years in all weather with lots of dust and light mud. I have changed the pads--which is very easy--only once. So not all disk brakes don't hold up to weather and heavy bikes. This is not to knock the SA Drum brake of course.

        David Dannenberg