Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] T bar shifter

  • Colin Bryant
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 2011
      Cool.    It sounds very much like a typical motorcycle gear shifting system.  I suppose that the fact that they are dependent on having known sprocket sizes is why we haven't seen more of them on bicycles.  Given the number of people I see on the road and know, that don't have a clue how to shift a derailer bike, they might be very useful.

      BTW; I believe this even though this list is called "Geared hub bikes", it's mandate is talk about any non-conventional bicycle drivetrain.  I love to hear about belts, drive shafts and geared BB's too.

      --
      Colin Bryant
      Vancouver, Canada

      From: John Baldwin <johnbaldwin207@...>
      To: Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 5:04 PM

      Freaky! Neat find.

      On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Rick Paulos <rick-paulos@...> wrote:

      Okay, I'll admit I didn't know Shimano ever made a 2 speed hub but
      here are some for sale on ebay:

      www.ebay.com/itm/330554064420<http://www.ebay.com/itm/330554064420>

      How popular could they have been?

      Rick