How many teeth equal ten links?

  • gordonKoppang
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2011
      The Rohloff chain tensioner is said to be able to take up ten links of chain. How many sprocket teeth does it take to use up ten links? I want to switch from running a single front sprocket to running two. What is the maximum size difference between the two front sprockets – expressed in number of teeth – that the Rohloff tensioner will tolerate?

      With thanks

      GK
    • Colin Bryant
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2011
        10 tooth difference, between the two front sprockets, which is a pretty typical step.  e.g. 34 and 44 tooth rings.

        --
        Colin Bryant
        Vancouver, Canada