Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Threaded Drivers

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
      Re: [Geared_hub_bikes] Threaded Drivers
       Today I received two hubs that both need threaded drivers - a Hercules A Type 9 (year unknown) and a Sturmey AW (48 11). Both cogs have 18t. What is a good source for threaded drivers for hubs such as this? The teeth on the Sturmey are pretty worn. Additionally, I'd like to go to a more teeth on both hubs if I can.

      Dallas,
      I have one NOS threaded driver and some used ones in VGC.  $30 for the NOS and $18 for the used ones.

      Replacing with the 3 prong HSA 123 may make more sense though,
      I have 2 NOS ones.  One with the 7 ball bearing retainer and outer dust cap for $25 and one bare driver for $20

      I also have large cogs here.
      --

      Mark Stonich;
        BikeSmith Design & Fabrication