Re: Improved Shimano 8-speed sealing and part numbers

  • j_0_h_n_b
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2011
      Just to update this thread for info.
      I've sorted this now. I took a gamble and it seem that the uprated seals are the "A-spec" ones in the data sheets for later models in the Nexus range.

      So you need part numbers Y-37G 98080 and Y-36R 07000 to update your old 8-spd Nexus hub.

      I obtained these from Petra Cycles in the UK (petracycles.co.uk) for about £6 using these component numbers:
      37G9808 ------> "SG-8C31 Right Hand Dust Cap A with Seal"
      36R0700 ------->"SG-8R22 Nexus Right Hand Dust Cap C"

      You'll need both. The most obvious difference is the metal dust cover over the rubber seal is now silvery and a lot larger

      HTH