information about a hercules 64 rear hub

  • johnny cash
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2011
      Hi to all.
      need some informations about a hercules 64 rear hub on a CCM for a lady, or a diagram
    • Rich W
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2011
        Johnny;

        Welcome to the group.

        Per "Glenn's New Complete Bicycle Manual" the 3 speed Hercules hub (# not specified) is a Sturmey Archer AW 3 speed clone which disassembles and reassembles the same way. With most of the clones the internal parts are normally interchangeable too reportedly.

        The manual is available inexpensively used on Amazon normally.

        Rich Wood

        --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "johnny cash" <johnny-cash@...> wrote:

        > Hi to all.
        > need some informations about a hercules 64 rear hub on a CCM for a lady, or a diagram

      • sam lingo
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2011
          Isn't it a Sturmey/archer AW clone? only made better!

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8, 2011
            --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, sam lingo <frameteam2003@...> wrote:

            > Isn't it a Sturmey/archer AW clone? only made better!

            Sorry my hub is a coaster brake my friend ;) not a 3 speed hub,, all I know is that my bike is a CCM rambler with a hercules coaster brake hub. and the serial number for this bike is H170864 and I don't know the year but the serial number tells me that its a 1926 or 1975 but I know that isn't a 1975 because the bike is older than this year with 28 X 1 1/2 for the wheels !.. SO excuse my english because I speak french.
          • sam lingo
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 8, 2011
              Your wheels maybe 700s,canadain 28s were the same as Old American woodwheeled bikes---700s,if the British 28 size they were still being made in 1975.Your english is excelent.I should have a brakedown on it,they were about the same as a french resilion coaster hub.