Re: Shimano Nexus7 on longtail cargobike.

  • ighexpert
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 31, 2011
      --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "Rich W" <astronut1001@...> wrote:

      .....hysterisis....

      Indeed! It is the most common shifting problem we "fix" at my shop.
      The best lubricant for cables we have ever found is Dri-Slide (aka Bike Aid). It can be special ordered from your favorite LBS. Better mechanics already know about it. Gunsmiths also stock it.

      I got a good laugh when I looked up the meaning of hysterisis on the innertube: "refers to systems that may exhibit path dependence" because the bicycle industry is very, very, very path dependent.

      ~Aaron