Re: wing nuts

  • cooncattriker
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2011
      --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "ighexpert" <aaron@...> wrote:

      > Axle rotation, on the other hand could/might be prevented by good non-turn washer to frame fit, using one on each side, seated riding and frequent checking of the wingnuts.

      A poster on the NuVinci forum was complaining about "drift" on his NuVinci 360 only to find that it wasn't the hub drifting, he hadn't tightened the nuts on the axle sufficiently after fixing a flat! So myself am a little skeptical about wingnuts on my NuVinci rear wheel.

      I watched the little video of putting the tire/hub back on the frame a couple of times tonight on the Fallbrook website. "Torque to 30-40 newton meters." As the voiceover was saying this, the demonstrator was using an ordinary bicycle spanner to tighten the axle bolts ... !?! What's a good rule of thumb on how much to tighten the bolts? Speaking as it's been over 30+ years since I've owned a bike?