Re: 3-speed coaster brake IGH used in car

  • Rich W
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 2011
      Morgans have always been expensive due to very limited production. I remember reading years ago that it was under 7 cars per week for their full sized production. Per Wikipedia they made 640 cars in 2007 so currently production is about 2.7 per day. No economies of mass production there obviously.

      As for the fake engine on the front, like many kids pedalcars it is a smaller scale reproduction of an original engine powered vehicle and the pre WW2 V twin engined Morgan 3 wheelers did have the engines exposed out front.

      Three wheeled vehicles were long popular in GB due to being driveable on a motorcyclists license but providing the body protection and passenger capacity of a small saloon car. Basically popular due to a quirk in British licensing laws.

      About 1961 I subscribed to the British car magazine "Autocar" for a year and found the differences in vehicles available and motorists attitudes to be fascinating.

      Rich Wood

      --- In Geared_hub_bikes@yahoogroups.com, "Paulos, Richard G" <rick-paulos@...> wrote:

      > the pedal car version of the 3 wheeler is 2,510 english pounds plus delivery.
      > 3 speed, hub/tranny make/model not specified.
      > too bad the recommended ages are 6-13.
      > http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/carpages/pedalcar/pedalcar.html
      >
      > It is beautiful, except for the fake engine on the front.
      >
      > rick

    • Mike Wilson
      Message 2 of 8 , May 6, 2011
        The Ace looks great, but I do not think it is the same car as the new Morgan 3-wheeler.

        The Morgan picture has per-person roll bars, and claims to use an S&S motor not the Harley-Davidson of the Ace.

        But it could be that Morgan is using the Ace design with changes for UK.

        Michael Wilson
      • rons_hobbies
        Message 3 of 8 , May 6, 2011
          $40,180 and it isn't the Seattle car.

          I follow a couple of other Yahoo! boards on small/three wheel cars. The two in front lay-out (Reverse Tricycle) is much more stable than the many single front wheel vehicles produced. In GB the 3 wheel car was a motorcycle for tax purposes so quite popular in the age of heavy taxes.

          Here is the Morgan launch video:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1K1ALSwkLI

          Sites:

          Ron