Re: SRAM S7-compatible trailers

  • powitte
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2011
      So, I've been using this trailer for ~ 2 months now, 2-3 times a week to haul groceries, recycling to the drop off, and other misc large loads. I've been pretty satisfied with almost everything, which one notable exception: the hitch.

      The axle hole was more oval than round, and it took an hour of machining the heavy duty steel to get it to fit. Next, the front part of the hitch (which is supposed to sit under the chainstay to prevent the trailer from rotating the hitch) wouldn't fit under the coaster brake arm. There was a foam pad I had to trim away, and then I also had to modify the bracket that attaches the brake arm to the chainstay so that it would fit.

      The trailer has worked very well since then, but I wouldn't recommend it for this hub for now (though I mentioned it to BikeRev, who said they were shocked and would look into the problem).

      Thanks for the suggestion.