Re: Making Nexus Inter7 Single Speed

  • Rich W
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2011
      John;

      For even the simple cable attachment setup to hold the hub in a higher than first gear some parts will be required. The shift cable clamp nut that connects the cable to the cassette joint is the one Shimano special part needed.

      http://www.amazon.com/Shimano-Alfine-Nexus-shift-fixing/dp/B001GSQW9I/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1304313287&sr=1-4

      Also a short length of shifter cable and some means of clamping it to the frame in the desired position.

      I repeat that a replacement shifter is IMO the preferred solution however. It will return the bike to full functionality.

      Rich Wood